DROUGHT CONDITIONS, RESTRICTIONS AND SURCHARGES
An person, owner, tenant or manager responsible or occupying a property that is in violation of any provision of the restrictions, rule or regulations adopted or issued in pursuance to the drought management plan will have the following violation fees applied to the person, owner, tenant or manager’s utility bill:
1st Violation – Written notice of violation.
2nd Violation – A violation fee of $25.00 will be added to utility bill.
3rd Violation – A violation fee of $50.00 will be added to utility bill.
Continued Violations will automatically have their water meter removed and a $100.00 Violation & Reinstallation Fee will apply; in addition to any penalty.
Drought Stage 1 - Moderate Water Shortage.
- Conditions for Drought Stage 1:
- Reduce water consumption by any means available when the Edwards Aquifer observation well reaches 660 feet.
- Restrictions for Drought Stage 1:
- Waste of water is prohibited at all times;
- Reduce any non-essential water usage;
- Use of water in a, indoor or outdoor, fountain or pond for aesthetic or scenic purposes except where necessary to support aquatic life is prohibited;
- Use of water to wash down any sidewalks, walkways, driveways, parking lots, tennis courts, or other hard-surfaced areas not in any harm of health or safety is prohibited.
- All non-public swimming pools must have a minimum of 25% of the surface area covered with evaporation screens when not in use. Inflatable pool toys or floating decorations may be used to accomplish this.
- No bulk water sales will be authorized.
- Hand-held watering is allowed any day of the week and at any time.
- Once a week landscape irrigation watering is an effect, and designated by your address. Watering between the hours of 10:00 a.m. through 8:00 p.m. is prohibited.
- Numbered Streets watering day is on Saturday.
- Named Streets watering day is on Sunday.